2009-11-24

The 30-List

So I turned 29 this year.

Everyone knows that once you hit 30, you stop getting smarter and start getting dumber, which means that some people I know must have been absolutely genius when they hit 30, and I'm a bit behind if I want to not be drooling in my oatmeal by 35.

[/snark]

All that said, I have created/am creating a list of things I want to learn or accomplish before I turn 30 in...about 10 months. This list includes:

  • Learn to juggle 5 balls
  • Learn to walk on my hands
  • Get Blasteroids to version 1.0 (only 9 .x version updates to go!)
  • Be ready to test for 3rd degree black belt
  • Learn to free-mount my unicycle (I'm getting closer!)


I have no idea where this list will max out. If nothing else, I'll stop adding stuff to it in 10 months.

How many of these to I expect to accomplish? Good question. I think the hand walking and unicycle ones are realistic. I think the other 3 will be a stretch. I don't expect to accomplish all of these, realistically. I just don't think I have the free time. But I want to have them out there where other people can jab at me and say, "How's the game coming? Only 2 months left!" and that kind of thing.

Besides, if I don't post anything about the list, and I do manage to accomplish some/all of them, then when I post about my success people will wonder which goals I didn't tell them about that I failed at. At least, I'd wonder about that.

No comments: